Map: Rockwood Park
The organizer has suffered a minor knee injury and will not be able to host this event. It will be postponed until September.
A Long-O is the same as a normal point-to-point Foot-O except the courses tend to be a bit longer. It is an event where participants follow the course in the order set by the organizer. All controls must be found in the given order. Multiple courses will be available for different levels of ability.
Longer distances between controls allows the opportunity for alternate route choices which may be easier but longer (eg along a trail) or tougher but shorter (eg straight through the bush).
There will be several courses. Easier courses will be shorter with controls placed in easy-to-find locations. Harder courses will be longer and controls will be hidden off-trail for the more adventurous participants!
- 1. Beginner (~2km): A good introductory course for beginners. Controls located along trails.
- 2. Easy-ish (~2.75 km): Many controls are located near but off the trails. More route decisions. Map reading skills are an asset.
- 3. Intermediate (3-4 km): Off-trail controls. Challenging route choices. Good map reading skills required.
- 4. Advanced (5+ km): Off-trail controls – much longer. Good map reading skills required.
- Maintain Physical Distancing and avoid congestion in the Registration area.
- Masks are required during Registration.
- Refer to ONB's COVID-19 Return to Play Operational Plan for additional details.
Pre-registration is required to help the organizers prepare sufficient material. Register here or by email with the organizer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please provide:
- Name(s) of all Participants; Birth Year (for our insurer)
- Team Name (optional)
- Club/Organization (ONB, 1st Somewhere Scouts, etc)
- Course (Beginner, Intermediate, etc)
- SportIdent serial number (if available)
- In order to reduce congestion at the registration area, please print and pre-fill the paperwork required by our insurers:
ONB Event Forms
Registration Fees will be charged according to "ONB Standard Fees". They will be collected at the meet site or by Interac e-Transfer® to: email@example.com. On-site registration will be available from approximately 11:00am.
(During these COVID times, Pre-registration for meets is REQUIRED.)
|Juniors (under 21)||$10|
|Family (Bubble) Maximum||$30|
SportIdent™ electronic timing equipment is used at all ONB events. Participants without a SportIdent™ device will be loaned one. If the device is lost, there will be a $50 charge to recover the cost of the device.
What should I bring? Wear something comfortable that you don't mind getting a little dirty! You might want to consider a change of shoes and socks! If it is a wet day, you might need a complete change of clothes! Compass and whistle are mandatory for all ONB events (whistles may be for sale at registration).
The Start/Finish located at the Rockwood Park Stables parking lot.
- Enter at the main Rockwood Park entrance at Lily Lake.
- Proceed to the left past the Interpretation Center and RV campground.
- Parking near the stables.
- Look for the Orienteering NB banner!
A Call to Volunteers!
Orienteering New Brunswick (ONB) is a run by volunteers who are passionate about the sport and volunteer their time to create a fun experience for everyone. Did you know that without volunteers, we wouldn't have any orienteering events in New Brunswick? The fees collected at each event cover the costs for permits, insurance, map printing, supplies, and equipment used at the event. They don’t cover planning, organizing, or running the event. It is only through the generous volunteer effort of club members by which these events can happen!
How can you help? We need help with:
- picking up controls afterwards
- promotion of events