Organizer: Steve Heron (Organizer)
Map: Rockwood Park
Please note that this event has been postponed from Sunday November 2nd, to Saturday November 8th due to inclement weather. The event will proceed on Nov 8 regardless of weather.
This will be a standard Point-to-Point meet where the controls are visited in the specified order. The winner is whoever visits the controls in order in the least amount of time (for each course).
Several courses at varying levels will be provided:
- Course 1 (1.8km): Easy. A good introductory course for beginners. Controls are located along trails.
- Course 2 (3.1km): Basic. Most controls are located just off the trails. Use the trails to make your way around the course.
- Course 3 (3.4km): Intermediate. Controls are located off the trails. Route choice becomes important. Good map reading skills are an asset.
- Course 4 (4.6km): Advanced. Controls could be anywhere! Good navigational skills are essential.
Pre-registration rates will be collected for anyone who registers by email with the organizer ( email@example.com) by Thursday before the event , October 30, 2014.
When sending your registration, please include the following information:
- Age (Adult/Junior)
- SportIdent timing device id (if you have your own)
- If participating as a team, other team member names
Onsite Registration/Start Time
Onsite registration and collection of fees will be available starting at about 11:00 am.
Official start time is noon but participants may start anytime after registration is completed - your time begins as soon as you punch the start! Course closure is 3:00 pm (everyone must be back to the Finish area by then).
Registration Fees will be collected at the meet site.
|Juniors (20 and under)||$7||$5|
|Team (wayfare)||$5 per map (2-map minimum)|
(Pre-registration for meets is strongly encouraged. To this end a substantial discount is offered for pre-registered participants. Pre-registered participants are also guaranteed a pre-printed map.)
What should I bring? Wear something comfortable that you don't mind getting a little dirty! You might want to consider a change of shoes and socks. If it's wet outside, an complete change of clothes may be in order! A compass and whistle is mandatory for all ONB events.