Course MapsNo course maps posted yet.
Organizer: Steve Heron (Organizer)
Map: Rockwood Park
Jamboree On The Trail is an annual day for the World Scout Movement to hike together. All Scouts, whatever their age and wherever they may be in the world, are invited to participate in whatever way they can.
This event is open to the public. It is also an opportunity for local Scouts and Guides to practice their navigation skills.
Pre-registration is requested to help the organizers prepare sufficient material. Pre-register by May 3rd and benefit from a reduction in fees. Register by email with the organizer : firstname.lastname@example.org. Race fees will be collected on-site.
- Club (if a member)
- SportIdent serial number (if available)
- Course 1 (1-2km): Novice. A good introductory course for beginners. Controls are located along trails.
- Course 2 (2-3km): Beginner. The controls are located near, but mostly off the trails. Use the trails to make your way around the course.
- Course 3 (3-4km): Intermediate. The controls are located off the trails. Good map reading skills are an asset.
- Course 4 (4-5km): Advanced. Good navigational skills is essential.
First start Noon or as soon as registration is complete.
Registration Fees will be collected at the meet site. Pre-registration rates will be collected for anyone who registers here or by email. On site registration available from 11:00am.
|Juniors (under 20)||$10||$8|
|Novice groups (suggest 3-4 per group on Course 1 or 2)||$10/teammate||$8/teammate|
(Pre-registration for meets is strongly encouraged. To this end a substantial discount is offered for pre-registered participants. Pre-registered participants are also guaranteed a pre-printed map.)
What should I bring? Wear something comfortable that you don't mind getting a little dirty! You might want to consider a change of shoes and socks! If it's wet outside, you might need a complete change of clothes! Compass and whistle are mandatory for all ONB events (whistles may be for sale at registration).
Start/Finish located at the upper Fisher Lakes parking lot. Check back on race-day for changes.
- Enter at the main Rockwood Park entrance at Lily Lake.
- Proceed to the left past the Interpretation center and RV campgrounds.
- Continue to follow the one-way driving loop around Fisher Lakes.
- First parking lot past the lake bridge.
- (Alternately, use the other park entrance at the end of Hawthorne Ave and proceed to the second parking lot.)
Note about Electronic Timing
SportIdentTM electronic timing equipment is used at all ONB events. Participants who do not have a SportIdentTM device will be provided with one. If the device is lost, there will be a $40 charge to recover the cost of the device.