Event postponed to the fall 2017
Due to the just reopened road after a major 10 week road wash out on HWY 114 located outside Riverview, NB the event will be rescheduled to the fall. Date to be finalized.
Française: Pour information en française veuillez communiquer avec Harold McQuade firstname.lastname@example.org
The setting for this event will be the White Rock Recreational Area, Hillsborough, NB where you will begin and end your adventure on the most unique terrain in the Maritimes.
What is new this year!
The event this year will include courses for beginners and experienced navigators. NEW are 1) Classic Course for those that want a short technical course and 2) G-orienteering using a GPS.
Course information (NEW April 22, 2017)
There will be 4 courses:
- Mastodon Classic: Technical course on the new map used for the 2015 Canadian Orienteering Championships (New information).
- 2-hour recreational: A good course for beginners on the same map used for the 2015 Canadian National Championships (New information).
- 2-hour G-orienteering: Category for GPS users.The GPS co-ordinates of the controls will be provided. Must have a compass and know how to use it. Same map used for the 2015 Canadian Orienteering Championships (New information).
- 4-hour Mastodon: Physically challenging and requiring good navigational skills. (Re-valuating if this course will be may be used? (New information).
Type of event:
Score-O. Find as many controls as possible in time limit or face penalties.
Go by yourself or in a team.
Compass (GPS, digital and mobile phone compass do not qualify)
Registration: Pre-registration is requested to print sufficient maps and to avoid the late registration charge of $5.
- Name, sex and date of birth.
- Teams. Provide team name
- SportIdent number (SIN). Electronic recorder. If you do not have one it will be provided. If lost a charge of $45 will be charged.
Contact: Harold McQuade at email@example.com
Onsite registration: Follow the arrow on the two colour, orange and white, orienteering signs to the registration site.
Registration fees (Pay onsite):
2-hour and Classic courses
Adults . . . . . . . . . . . . . $20
Juniors (under 20) .. . . $10
Family Maximum. . . .. . $35
Adults . . . . . . . . . . . .. . $25
Juniors (under 20) . . . . $15
Family Maximum. . . .. . $45
- Male under 12; male 13 – 19; male 20+
- Female under 12; female 13-19; female 20+
- Open: family, teams
- Classic: No categories.
START: Mass start at noon.
Direction: Go to Hillsborough, NB. In Hillsborough take the road to the Hillsborough Golf Course. Look for the Orienteering signs and follow the arrow on the two colour, orange and white, orienteering signs to the registration site.