Pugwash Ground Search and Rescue (PGSAR) and the Orienteering Association of Nova Scotia (OANS) invite you to participate in the annual Storm the Mountain Adventure Challenge (SMAC).
You may choose to participate in either a 4-hour or 8-hour event within one of the following challenges:
• Challenge 1 – Emergency Responders, SAR & Armed Forces
• Challenge 2 – Public Competitive
• Challenge 3 – Public Recreational
• 0700 Registration, equipment checks and receipt of course map
• 0830 Mobilize to start; pre-challenge briefing; punch cards distributed
• 0900 Start
• 1700 End
• 1000 Registration, equipment checks and receipt of course map
• 1130 Mobilize to start; pre-challenge briefing; punch cards distributed
• 1200 Start
• 1600 End
1600 – 1800 Food and prizes/awards at the Wentworth Recreation Center after the event!! No need to be present to collect your prize
1 L water, whistle, compass, knife, watch, waterproof or moisture protected matches and a cell phone (min
of one phone per team fully charged). Snowshoes and/or winter outerwear permitted.
Fees per participant
Public Competitive $40 (4hr.) $60 (8hr.)
Public Recreation $40 (4hr.) $60 (8hr.)
Armed Forces, Emergency Responders & SAR $30 (4hr.) $40 (8hr.)
Under 18 year* $20 (4hr.) $20 (8hr.)
*Note: Youth under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum number in a team is 2. No max.
For event and registration details: Go to www.stormthemountain.ca/festival
Onsite registration: Wentworth Recreation Center (13752 Highway 4)