Course MapsNo course maps posted yet.
Organizer: Steve Heron (Organizer)
Map: Rockwood Park
Event Format: Score
This event will be an “orienteering treasure hunt” or "choose your own adventure". Participants have a fixed time interval (60 minutes) to find as many controls as they wish in whatever order they choose. Points are awarded for each control visited. Penalties are deducted for participants who return late to the start area after their time expires.
- Easy: "Easy" controls (trails, structures, visible features).
- Not so Easy: Many (or all) "Easy" controls plus some harder off-trail locations.
- Permanent:NEW Introducing the new Rockwood Park Permamnent Course. Simplified map with easy control locations but tough-to-find markers!
All Easy and Permanent controls are located in or near the paved Lily Lake/Fisher Lakes ring road. Some Not so Easy controls will be outside the ring.
Pre-registration is requested to help the organizers prepare sufficient material. Please pre-register by the Thursday before the event. Register online or by email with the organizer : email@example.com. Race fees will be collected on-site.
- Club/Group (eg ONB, 1st Saint John Scouts, etc)
- SportIdent serial number (if available)
Registration Fees will be collected at the meet site. Pre-registration rates will be collected for anyone who registers here or by email. On site registration available from 11:00am.
(Pre-registration for meets is strongly encouraged. Pre-registered participants are also guaranteed a pre-printed map.)
|Juniors (under 20)||$5|
Note about Electronic Timing
SportIdentTM electronic timing equipment is used at all ONB events. Participants who do not have a SportIdentTM device will be provided with one. If the device is lost, there will be a $40 charge to recover the cost of the device.
What should I bring? Wear something comfortable that you don't mind getting a little dirty! You might want to consider a change of shoes and socks! If it's wet outside, you might need a complete change of clothes! Compass and whistle are mandatory for all ONB events (whistles may be for sale at registration).
The Start/Finish located at the upper Fisher Lakes parking lot.
- Enter at the main Rockwood Park entrance at Lily Lake.
- Proceed to the left past the Interpretation center and RV campground.
- Continue to follow the one-way driving loop around Fisher Lakes.
- First parking lot past the lake bridge.
- (Alternately, use the other park entrance at the end of Hawthorne Ave and proceed to the second parking lot.)