Course MapsNo course maps posted yet.
Organizer: Steve Heron (Organizer)
Map: Rockwood Park
Jamboree On The Trail is an annual day for the World Scout Movement to hike together. All Scouts, whatever their age and wherever they may be in the world, are invited to participate in whatever way they can.
This event is open to the public. It is specifically designed as an opportunity for local Scouts and Guides to practice their navigation skills.
Pre-registration is requested to help the organizers prepare sufficient material. Pre-register by May 10th and benefit from a reduction in fees. Register online or by email with the organizer : email@example.com. Race fees will be collected on-site. (Facebook "Going" clicks are not registered until the following information is provided for all participants)
- Club/Group (if a member)
- SportIdent serial number (if available)
- Course 1 (1-2km): Beginner. A good introductory course for beginners. Controls are located along trails.
- Course 2 (2-3km): Novice. The controls are located near (but mostly off) the trails. Use the trails to make your way around the course.
- Course 3 (2-4km): Intermediate. The controls are located off the trails. Good map reading skills are an asset.
- Course 4 (~4km): Advanced. The controls are located off the trails. Good map reading skills are an asset.
- Course 5 (4+km): Long Advanced. The controls are located off the trails. Good map reading skills are an asset.
First start Noon or as soon as registration is complete.
Registration Fees will be collected at the meet site. Pre-registration rates will be collected for anyone who registers online here or by email. On site registration available from 11:00am.
Fees will be charged according to "ONB Standard Fees". A $5 On-Site fee may be charged to those who do not pre-register.
(Pre-registration for meets is strongly encouraged. Pre-registered participants are also guaranteed a pre-printed map.)
|Juniors (under 20)||$10|
|Novice groups (Course 1 or 2)||$10/teammate|
Note about Electronic Timing
SportIdentTM electronic timing equipment is used at all ONB events. Participants who do not have a SportIdentTM device will be provided with one. If the device is lost, there will be a charge to recover the cost of the device (see "ONB Standard Fees")
What should I bring? Wear something comfortable that you don't mind getting a little dirty! You might want to consider a change of shoes and socks! If it's wet outside, you might need a complete change of clothes! Compass and whistle are mandatory for all ONB events (whistles may be for sale at registration).
Start/Finish location at the upper Fisher Lakes parking lot.
Enter at the Hawthorne Ave extension and proceed to the second parking lot (past the dog park).
OR, enter at the Lily Lake entrance and follow the paved drive around Fisher Lakes to the first parking lot.