Organizer: Steve Heron (Organizer)
Map: Rockwood Park
The competition will be a point-to-point race where competitors have to find a specific number of controls, in order, in the fastest time possible and then race to the finish line.
Note: All courses (except Novice) have been planned a bit easier than normal to encourage adventurous participants to try something a bit harder.
Pre-registration is requested to help the organizers prepare sufficient material. Register by email with the organizer: email@example.com. Race fees will be collected on-site.
- Club (if a member)
- SportIdent serial number (if available)
- Course 1 (1-2km): Beginner. A simple introductory course for absolute beginners. Controls are located along trails.
- Course 2 (2-3km): Novice. The controls are located near, but mostly off the trails. Use the trails to make your way around the course.
- Course 3 (3-4km): Intermediate. The controls are located off the trails. Good map reading skills are an asset.
- Course 4 (4+km): Advanced. Good navigational skills is essential.
First start Noon or as soon as registration is complete.
Registration Fees will be collected at the meet site. Pre-registration rates will be collected for anyone who registers online here or by email. On site registration available from 11:00am.
Fees will be charged according to "ONB Standard Fees". A $5 On-Site fee may be charged to those who do not pre-register.
(Pre-registration for meets is strongly encouraged. Pre-registered participants are also guaranteed a pre-printed map.)
|Juniors (under 21)||$10|
|Novice groups (suggest maximum 3-4 per group on Course 1 or 2)
(Intermediate and Advanced groups charged per-person rates)
What should I bring? Wear something comfortable that you don't mind getting a little dirty! You might want to consider a change of shoes and socks! If it's wet outside, you might need a complete change of clothes! Compass and whistle are mandatory for all ONB events (whistles may be for sale at registration).
The Start/Finish located at the upper Fisher Lakes parking lot.
- Enter at the main Rockwood Park entrance at Lily Lake.
- Proceed to the left past the Interpretation Center and RV campground.
- Continue past the stables to follow the one-way driving loop around Fisher Lakes.
- First parking lot past the lake bridge.
- (Alternately, use the other park entrance at the end of Hawthorne Ave and proceed past the dog park to the second parking lot.)