Organizer: Steve Heron (Organizer)
Map: Rockwood Park
A Score-O is an event where participants "choose their own" adventure and find as many controls as they can in a given time. Controls can be collected in any order. Harder controls may be worth more points, but going over the time limit will cost you!
There will be only a single course. Many controls will be placed in easy-to-find locations throughout the main public area of the park. Several harder controls will be hidden off-trail for the more adventurous participants!
- Type: Score-O (random order)
- Time Limit: 75 minutes
- Terrrain: Mixed trails and forest
- Scoring: 10 points for each Control; 10 point penalty per minute over-time
- Maintain Physical Distancing and avoid congestion in the Registration area.
- Masks are required during Registration.
- Refer to ONB's COVID-19 Return to Play Operational Plan for additional details.
Pre-registration is required to help the organizers prepare sufficient material. Register here or by email with the organizer (email@example.com).
- Please provide:
- Name(s) of all Participants; Birth Year (for our insurer)
- Team Name (optional)
- Club/Organization (ONB, 1st Somewhere Scouts, etc)
- Course: Score-O
- SportIdent serial number (if available)
- In order to reduce congestion at the registration area, please print and pre-fill the paperwork required by our insurers:
ONB Event Forms
Registration Fees will be charged according to "ONB Standard Fees". They will be collected at the meet site or by Interac e-Transfer® to: firstname.lastname@example.org. On-site registration will be available from approximately 11:00am.
(During these COVID times, Pre-registration for meets is REQUIRED.)
|Juniors (under 21)||$10|
|Family (Bubble) Maximum||$30|
What should I bring? Wear something comfortable that you don't mind getting a little dirty! You might want to consider a change of shoes and socks! If it's wet outside, you might need a complete change of clothes! Compass and whistle are mandatory for all ONB events (whistles may be for sale at registration).
The Start/Finish located at the upper Fisher Lakes parking lot.
- Enter at the main Rockwood Park entrance at Lily Lake.
- Proceed to the left past the Interpretation Center and RV campground.
- Continue past the stables to follow the one-way driving loop around Fisher Lakes.
- First parking lot past the lake bridge.
- (Alternately, use the other park entrance at the end of Hawthorne Ave and proceed past the dog park to the second parking lot.)