Course MapsNo course maps posted yet.
Map: Rockwood Park
A Rogaine is an event where participants "choose their own" adventure and find as many controls as they can within the given time limit. Controls can be collected in any order. Harder controls may be worth more points, but going over the time limit will cost you!
ROGAINE is an acronym for Rugged Outdoor Group Activity Involving Navigation and Endurance. Typically run in teams of 2-4 members, this event also allows indivdual participants.
There will be two courses – 90 minutes and 180 minutes. The 90 minute course is mostly easy controls with a few tougher ones thrown in for spice! Due to the time constraint, they will be limited to the northern end of the park. For the 180 minute course, anything goes – the entire 2200 acre park is fair game for the more adventurous participants!
- 90 minutes (1.5 hr): Controls located on or near trails. Map reading ability is an asset. Navigational choices required.
- 180 minutes (3 hr): Anything goes! Controls are located off the trails. Challenging route choices. Good map reading skills required.
- Maintain Physical Distancing and avoid congestion in the Registration area.
- Masks are recommended during Registration.
- Refer to ONB's COVID-19 Return to Play Operational Plan for additional details.
Pre-registration is required to help the organizers prepare sufficient material. Register here or by email with the organizer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please provide:
- Name(s) of all Participants; Birth Year (for our insurer)
- Team Name (optional)
- Club/Organization (ONB, 1st Somewhere Scouts, etc)
- Course (Beginner, Intermediate, etc)
- SportIdent serial number (if available)
- In order to reduce congestion at the registration area, please print and pre-fill the paperwork required by our insurers:
Registration Fees will be charged according to "ONB Standard Fees". They will be collected at the meet site or by Interac e-Transfer® to: email@example.com. On-site registration will be available from approximately 11:00am.
(During these COVID times, Pre-registration for meets is REQUIRED.)
|90 Minutes||180 Minutes|
|Juniors (under 21)||$10||$15|
|Family (Bubble) Maximum||$30||$40|
SportIdent™ electronic timing equipment is used at all ONB events. Participants without a SportIdent™ device will be loaned one. If the device is lost, there will be a $50 charge to recover the cost of the device.
What should I bring? Wear something comfortable that you don't mind getting a little dirty! You might want to consider a change of shoes and socks! If it is a wet day, you might need a complete change of clothes! Compass and whistle are mandatory for all ONB events (whistles may be for sale at registration).
The Start/Finish is located at the parking lot at the north end of the park near the old Cherry Brook Zoo.
- Hwy 1, Westbound: Exit128 and follow Foster Thurston Road just past the old zoo where it meets Sandy Point Road.
- Hwy 1, Eastbound: Exit129 (Rothesay Ave) to reverse direction and join Westbound route.
- Alternately: Follow Regional Hospital signs and then Sandy Point Road past the golf course.
- Watch for Orienteering Flag/Sign at the parking lot entrance.
A Call to Volunteers!
Orienteering New Brunswick (ONB) is a run by volunteers who are passionate about the sport and volunteer their time to create a fun experience for everyone. Did you know that without volunteers, we wouldn't have any orienteering events in New Brunswick? The fees collected at each event cover the costs for permits, insurance, map printing, supplies, and equipment used at the event. They don’t cover planning, organizing, or running the event. It is only through the generous volunteer effort of club members by which these events can happen!
How can you help? We need help with:
- picking up controls afterwards
- promotion of events