Organizer: Steve Heron (Organizer)
Map: Rockwood Park
The event will proceed, rain or shine (and it looks like rain)! We're not gonna melt!
A Score-O is an event where participants "choose their own" adventure and find as many controls as they can in a given time. Controls can be collected in any order. Harder controls may be worth more points, but going over the time limit will cost you!
There will be only a single course. Many controls will be placed in easy-to-find locations throughout the main public area of the park. Several harder controls will be hidden off-trail for the more adventurous participants!
- Type: Score-O (random order)
- Time Limit: 75 minutes
- Terrrain: Mixed trails and forest
- Scoring: 10 points for each Control; 10 point penalty per minute over-time
Pre-registration is required to help the organizers prepare sufficient material. Register here or by email with the organizer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please provide:
- Name(s) of all Participants; Birth Year (for our insurer)
- Team Name (optional)
- Club/Organization (ONB, 1st Somewhere Scouts, etc)
- Course: Score-O
- SportIdent serial number (if available)
- In order to reduce congestion at the registration area, please print and pre-fill the paperwork required by our insurers:
Registration Fees will be charged according to "ONB Standard Fees". They will be collected at the meet site or by Interac e-Transfer® to: email@example.com. On-site registration will be available from approximately 11:00am.
(Pre-registration for meets is recommended.)
|Juniors (under 21)||$10|
What should I bring? Wear something comfortable that you don't mind getting a little dirty! You might want to consider a change of shoes and socks! If it's wet outside, you might need a complete change of clothes! Compass and whistle are mandatory for all ONB events (whistles may be for sale at registration).
The Start/Finish located at the upper Fisher Lakes parking lot.
- Enter at the main Rockwood Park entrance at Lily Lake.
- Proceed to the left past the Interpretation Center and RV campground.
- Continue past the stables to follow the one-way driving loop around Fisher Lakes.
- First parking lot past the lake bridge.
- (Alternately, use the other park entrance at the end of Hawthorne Ave and proceed past the dog park to the second parking lot.)
A Call to Volunteers!
Orienteering New Brunswick (ONB) is a run by volunteers who are passionate about the sport and volunteer their time to create a fun experience for everyone. Without volunteers, we would have no orienteering events in New Brunswick? The fees collected at each event cover the costs for permits, insurance, map printing, supplies, and equipment used at the event. They don’t cover planning, organizing, or running the event. It is only through the generous volunteer effort of club members by which these events can happen!
How can you help? We need help with:
- picking up controls afterwards
- promotion of events