Organizer: Steve Heron (Organizer)
Map: Rockwood Park
I regret to inform you that the Foot-O orienteering event on June 12, 2022 has been cancelled due to an injury on the part of the organizer. Please check our website or our Facebook page for future events.
A Foot-O is an event where participants follow a course in the order set by the organizer. All controls must be found in the given order. Multiple courses will be available for different levels of ability.
There will be several courses. Easier courses will be shorter with controls placed in easy-to-find locations. Harder courses will be longer and controls will be hidden off-trail for the more adventurous participants!
- 1. Beginner (under 2 km): A good introductory course for beginners. Controls located along trails.
- 2. Intermediate (2-3 km): Many controls are located off the trails. Map reading skills are an asset.
- 3. Short Advanced (3-4 km): Controls are located off the trails. Challenging route choices. Good map reading skills required.
- 4. Advanced (4-5 km): Same controls -- tougher layout. Good map reading skills required.
Pre-registration is required to help the organizers prepare sufficient material. Register here or by email with the organizer (email@example.com).
- Please provide:
- Name(s) of all Participants; Birth Year (for our insurer)
- Team Name (optional)
- Club/Organization (ONB, 1st Somewhere Scouts, etc)
- Course: Score-O
- SportIdent serial number (if available)
- In order to reduce congestion at the registration area, please print and pre-fill the paperwork required by our insurers:
Registration Fees will be charged according to "ONB Standard Fees". They will be collected at the meet site or by Interac e-Transfer® to: firstname.lastname@example.org. On-site registration will be available from approximately 11:00am.
(Pre-registration for meets is highly recommended.)
|Juniors (under 21)||$10|
|Family (Bubble) Maximum||$30|
SportIdent™ electronic timing equipment is used at all ONB events. Participants without a SportIdent™ device will be loaned one. If the device is lost, there will be a $50 charge to recover the cost of the device.
What should I bring? Wear something comfortable that you don't mind getting a little dirty! You might want to consider a change of shoes and socks! If it's wet outside, you might need a complete change of clothes! Compass and whistle are mandatory for all ONB events (whistles may be for sale at registration).
The Start/Finish located at the upper Fisher Lakes parking lot.
- Enter at the main Rockwood Park entrance at Lily Lake.
- Proceed to the left past the Interpretation Center and RV campground.
- Continue past the stables to follow the one-way driving loop around Fisher Lakes.
- First parking lot past the lake bridge.
- (Alternately, use the other park entrance at the end of Hawthorne Ave and proceed past the dog park to the second parking lot.)
A Call to Volunteers!
Orienteering New Brunswick (ONB) is a run by volunteers who are passionate about the sport and volunteer their time to create a fun experience for everyone. Did you know that without volunteers, we wouldn't have any orienteering events in New Brunswick? The fees collected at each event cover the costs for permits, insurance, map printing, supplies, and equipment used at the event. They don’t cover planning, organizing, or running the event. It is only through the generous volunteer effort of club members by which these events can happen!
How can you help? We need help with:
- picking up controls afterwards
- promotion of events