Course MapsNo course maps posted yet.
Map: Rockwood Park
A Score-O is an event where participants "choose their own" adventure to find as many controls as they can in a given time. Controls can be collected in any order. Harder controls may be worth more points, but going over the time limit will cost you!
UPDATE: Time limits for both courses have been increased to 100 minutes. Even so, the organizers do not expect participants to be able to reach all controls in the time allotted.
There will be two courses. Easy course controls will be placed in easy-to-find locations throughout the park with a few harder controls hidden off-trail for the more adventurous participants! The harder course will cover most of the easy controls plus several harder/farther points of interest. The time limits for both courses will be the same
This “Maxi” score will be designed to test your ability to move quickly and/or strategically as it will cover more area to achieve higher scores. Pick your controls carefully to maximize points.
Points are awarded for each control based on difficulty and/or distance from the start area (or at the whim of the course designer). Penalty points are deducted for participants who return to the start area after their time limit expires. Participants can visit controls in any order and do not need to visit every control. This will be a mass start event with all participants starting at the same time!
- Two courses: Easy and Hard
- Type: Score-O (random order)
- Time Limit: 100 minutes
- Terrain: Mixed trails and forest
- Scoring: 5 points for easy Controls; 10 points for hard controls; 5 point penalty per minute over-time
Pre-registration is required to help the organizers prepare sufficient material. Register here or by email with the organizer (email@example.com).
- Please provide:
- Name(s) of all Participants; Birth Year (for our insurer)
- Team Name (optional)
- Club/Organization (ONB, 1st Somewhere Scouts, etc)
- Course: Score-O
- SportIdent serial number (if available)
- In order to reduce congestion at the registration area, please print and pre-fill the paperwork required by our insurers:
Registration Fees will be charged according to "ONB Standard Fees". They will be collected at the meet site or by Interac e-Transfer® to: firstname.lastname@example.org. On-site registration will be available from approximately 11:00am.
(Pre-registration for meets is recommended.)
|Juniors (under 21)||$10|
What should I bring?
- This is a time limited event, so a watch or other time source is required.
- Compass and whistle are mandatory for all ONB events (whistles may be available for sale at registration).
- Dress for the weather but wear something comfortable that you don't mind getting a little dirty! You might want to consider a change of shoes and socks! If it's wet, you might need a complete change of clothes!
The Start/Finish located behind the upper Fisher Lakes parking lot.