Course MapsNo course maps posted yet.
Organizer: Steve Heron (Organizer)
Map: Killarney Lake
A Score-O is an event where participants "choose their own" adventure to find as many controls as they can in a given time. Controls can be collected in any order. Harder controls may be worth more points, but going over the time limit will cost you!
There will be two courses. Easy course controls will be placed in easy-to-find locations throughout the park with a few harder controls hidden off-trail for the more adventurous participants! The harder course will cover most of the easy controls plus several harder/farther points of interest. The time limits for both courses will be the same.
This “Poker” score will also include a Texas Hold’em style poker bonus. Participants will start with two cards. You will have a chance to swap one card at each control. The organizers will deal five community cards at the finish. Bonus points will be awarded based on the best poker hand you can make out of those the seven cards. Players will not see the community cards before they start.
Regular points are awarded for each control based on difficulty and/or distance from the start area (or at the whim of the course designer). Penalty points are deducted for participants who return to the start area after their time limit expires. Participants can visit controls in any order and do not need to visit every control. This will be a mass start event with all participants starting at the same time!
- Two courses: Easy and Hard
- Type: Score-O (random order)
- Time Limit: 60 minutes
- Terrain: Mixed trails and forest
- Scoring: 1 points for each Easy Control; 2 for Hard Controls; 1 point penalty per minute over-time. Bonus points based on poker hand.
Pre-registration is required to help the organizers prepare sufficient material. Register here or by email with the organizer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please provide:
- Name(s) of all Participants; Birth Year (for our insurer)
- Team Name (optional)
- Club/Organization (ONB, 1st Somewhere Scouts, etc)
- Course: Score-O
- SportIdent serial number (if available)
- In order to reduce congestion at the registration area, please print and pre-fill the paperwork required by our insurers:
Registration Fees will be charged according to "ONB Standard Fees". They will be collected at the meet site or by Interac e-Transfer® to: email@example.com. On-site registration will be available from approximately 11:00am.
(Pre-registration for meets is recommended.)
|Juniors (under 21)
What should I bring?
- This is a time limited event, so a watch or other time source is required.
- Compass and whistle are mandatory for all ONB events (whistles may be available for sale at registration).
- Dress for the weather but wear something comfortable that you don't mind getting a little dirty! You might want to consider a change of shoes and socks! If it's wet, you might need a complete change of clothes!
The Start/Finish located in the open field behind the Kilarney Lake Rotary Lodge parking lot.